- Areas of study include branding, interaction design, copywriting, web design and more.
- We teach how to come up with new ideas.
- Many classes held at advertising agencies throughout NYC.
- 201 students, 24 faculty, 32 courses
- We give you the tools you need to hone your voice and art
- Train on the latest animation software and hardware
- Many of our alumni are internally recognized animators
- 205 students, 28 faculty, 44 courses
The non-degree Art History Program at School of Visual Arts offers the practitioner a chance to understand the influence that historical perspective has on art—and studio practice in particular.
- Knowing the history of art is very important to the artist’s development
- There’s no better place to study art history than in New York City with its abundant museums and contemporary art world
- Review all art—from the dawn of civilization through the MTV generation
- Being a cartoonist is more than a career—it’s a calling
- SVA is one of the first colleges to offer cartooning as a major
- We teach both classical techniques and new digital production
- 167 students, 24 faculty, 28 courses
Computer Art, Computer Animation and Visual Effects
- Specialization in 3D computer animation, visual effects and game arts
- Learn technical skills as well as narrative and story development
- We strive to give students a competitive edge to stand-out
- 302 students, 87 faculty, 57 courses
- We educate designers to think conceptually.
- Focus on branding, advertising, editorial, packaging, web design and more.
- Fourth-year students’ work reviewed by industry professionals.
- 710 students, 94 faculty, 115 courses
Film and Video
- Hands-on program where you’ll make films all four years
- Train on industry-standard, state-of-the-art equipment
- We believe in nurturing collaboration
- 430 students, 71 faculty, 72 courses
- Project-based, multidisciplinary learning
- Concentrations available in traditional and new media
- Studio work complemented with art history and theory
- 304 students, 88 faculty, 163 courses
The non-degree Honors Program at School of Visual Arts is a challenging program for those artists who seek academic enrichment along with their studio practice
- Motivated students can apply to the SVA Honors Program
- This interdisciplinary program unites the liberal arts with studio practice
- Honors study is augmented by public and private lectures, museum visits and events in artists' studios and theaters—utilizing the many opportunities attending art school in NYC has to offer
Humanities and Sciences
The Non-degree Humanities and Sciences Program at School of Visual Arts offers over 200 courses
- SVA is committed to providing a well-rounded education to its artists through its offerings in the humanities and sciences
- We offer English as Second Language courses and a Peer Tutoring to assist international students
- The Writing Resource Center offers computers, Internet access and instructors for consultation and tutoring
- We teach how to communicate graphically
- Successful illustrators are able to interpret and illuminate ideas
- Put your own personal stamp on visual solutions
- 426 students, 66 faculty, 62 courses
- Council for Interior Design (CIDA) accredited program
- Creative skills are taught alongside with technical, as well as business and leadership skills
- Internship opportunities available in NYC’s leading interior design and architecture firms
- 79 students, 29 faculty, 53 courses
- Cultivate your signature photographic style that will set you apart
- Medium and large-format cameras available for use
- Mentor program for seniors with renowned photographers, critics, photo editors and other professionals and artists
- 511 students, 89 faculty, 111 courses
- Campus Tours
Please tell us about your experience using this site