UndergraduateGraduateContinuing EducationSpecial ProgramsAboutAdmissionsAlumniStudents

1098-T tax forms are mailed each year at the end of January to all domestic students with social security numbers and who attended at least one credit earning course in the previous tax year. The forms are mailed to the home address that we have on file.

If you did not receive your form in the mail, you can access it via the following link: www.tra.vangent.com.

Forms are available online for both domestic and international students. However, please note, forms are NOT mailed to international students who do not have a social security number, and are not reported to the IRS.

If you are an international student and do not have a social security number, in order to access your form online, you will need your SVA Student ID card. Enter your SVA ID number and your name EXACTLY as it appears on your SVA id.

Domestic students:
Our college is providing a 1098-T form to alert you to the possibility that you, your parents, or your guardians may be eligible for the Federal Income Tax Credit under the Hope Scholarship and Lifetime Learning tax credit.This could help you reduce your previous tax year's federal income tax liability. An eligible educational institution, such as a college or university that bills qualified tuition and related expenses on your behalf, is required by law to furnish this 1098-T statement to you. This information will help determine whether you or the person who may claim you as a dependent, may claim a tax credit for the Hope or Lifetime Learning tax credit.

Please be advised that the College cannot determine if you qualify for a tax credit. You should obtain IRS publication 970 and IRS form 8863, or contact a tax professional about personal income tax situations. 

The IRS website for the above forms is: www.irs.gov/formspubs.

You can also call the IRS at 800.829.1040.

Contact Information

School of Visual Arts | 209 East 23 Street, NY, NY 10010-3994 | Tel: 212.592.2000 | Fax: 212.725.3587