UndergraduateGraduateContinuing EducationSpecial ProgramsAboutAdmissionsAlumniStudents
Do you offer summer housing?

Summer housing is offered for SVA as well as non-SVA students. If you need further information please check out the summer housing page, or e-mail us at [email protected].

How can I take a housing tour?

All of our residence halls offer tours. Please click here and look under Housing Tours to find the latest information.

How do I apply for housing?

If you are an incoming student and you have received your acceptance letter from SVA, submit your housing deposit and your enrollment fees to the Office of Admissions. They will update your student status and will inform our office of your interest in housing. You will then receive an email inviting you to complete the online housing application. If you are a current SVA student, please email [email protected] and check MySVA for updates.

How do I cancel housing?

Before considering cancelling your housing assignment, you must review the corresponding housing agreement.  The housing agreement is for the full academic year including fall and spring semesters.  The housing agreements are available as PDF downloads on this page.  

Questions and concerns regarding housing cancellations should be directed to the Office of Residence Life at [email protected].

What are the housing rates?

Housing rates can be found here under Housing Costs and Rates.

Summer housing rates for matriculated students can be found here.

Summer housing rates for visiting students and interns can be found here.

What happens during breaks? (Thanksgiving, Winter, etc)

SVA's Residence Halls are open year-round including during school breaks when the College administrative offices are closed. There is always 24-hour security as well as Residence Life staff members on duty.

When does RA selection happen?

RA Selection is the process where the resident assistant staff is selected for the following academic year.  Each year, the RA selection process begins in late January for the following academic year.  Students must have completed at least one full time undergraduate semester at SVA to apply for an RA position. Email [email protected] for more information.

School of Visual Arts | 209 East 23 Street, NY, NY 10010-3994 | Tel: 212.592.2000 | Fax: 212.725.3587