1) I haven't received any mailings about graduation; what should I do? You should verify your mailing address with your Academic Advisor, Student Advisor, Assistant to your Department Chair, Director of Operations, and the Office of Academic Advisement.
2) I have family in another country who want to attend my graduation. How do I get permission for them to enter the U.S. for the ceremony? School of Visual Arts cannot arrange entrance into the United States. However, you can request a letter from the Office of Academic Advisement to state that you are a candidate in the Class of 2016.
3) What time can guests enter the Hall? Guests of candidates may enter Radiio City Music Hall at 9:00 a.m.
4) Is parking available in the area? Please check Radio City Music Hall website.
5) Is the Hall wheelchair accessible? Yes
6) Are there considerations for hearing-impaired candidates and guests? Candidates and guests who require an interpreter for the hearing impaired should contact A.-Lucky Checkley, Jr, by e-mail before March 6, 2016 at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Who is the Commencement speaker? The 2016 Commencement Speaker has not been selected.
2) What is the correct academic attire? Commencement attire is provided by SVA when candidates complete all graduation requirements.
3) Do I go up on stage during the ceremony? Yes. Each candidate will go up on stage after their name is announced, to meet with the President and their department chair.
2) Whom may I contact for additional Commencement information? Continue to review this Commencement section of the website thoroughly. If you are still having trouble locating the information you need, please call the Office of the Director of Academic Advisement at 212.592.2540.
Date, Time, Location, Duration
1) What is the date and time of Commencement? The Date of Commencement for the Class of 2016 is Wednesday, May 18, 2016. The ceremony will begin at 10:00 a.m.
2) Where is Commencement held? Commencement will be held in Radio City Misic Hall, 1260 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10020.
3) How long does the ceremony typically last? The ceremony for Master and Bachelor candidates should last about four hours.
4) Will there be announcement cards? No. Our college does not provide announcement cards.
1) Who is eligible to participate in the ceremony? Master, and Bachelor candidates who have completed all of the degree requirements.
2) If I am not eligible, but still want to participate in the ceremony, what do I do? You must put your request in writing before April 10th, to: A.-Lucky Checkley, Jr., Director of Academic Advisement. His e-mail address is email@example.com. Your request will be reviewed in-committee, and you will be informed of the decision within two weeks of your request.
3) What clearances do I have to obtain in order to graduate? Complete an on-line degree application, meet with your Academic Advisor, Student Advisor, Assistant to the Chair or Director of Operations before January 20, 2016.
Submit documentation of Portfolio/Thesis for SVA archives to the department chair before April 29, 2016.
Pay all financial obligations owed to the College by April 29, 2016.
If you have received any type of guaranteed student loan through the school, you need an exit interview clearance from the Office of Financial Aid.
Return all books to the library by May 3, 2016.
Complete all credits and required courses by May 3, 2016.
4) Who do I contact if I have doubts regarding my academic standing? Master candidates should contact their student advisor or assistant to the chair. Bachelor candidates should contact their academic advisor.
1) What time is graduation rehearsal? Rehearsal for candidates will begin at 8:45 a.m. Candidates will be seated by their departments, therefore they must arrive in the Hall by 8:15 a.m.
1) How many tickets will each candidate receive? Each candidate will receive five admission tickets. One ticket is for the candidate, and the other four tickets are for their guests.
2) Do I need a ticket for a child or baby? YES. If the child or baby will need to occupy a seat, a ticket is needed.
3) How do I obtain tickets to Commencement?
Master candidates will be contacted by the Assistant to the Chair of their Department when all graduation requirements have been fulfilled, to pick-up their tickets, and graduation regalia. Bachelor candidates will receive an e-mail from their Academic Advisor when all graduation requirements have been fulfilled, to pick-up their tickets, and graduation regalia.
If you are unable to pick up your tickets, and graduation regalia, we ask that the person you send, present a letter of authorization, signed by you.