Internship for Credit Program:
Instructions and Enrollment Steps for Students
ENROLLMENT DEADLINES for SUMMER 2013:
Fridays in April and May, and June 3-6 – These days are the ONLY walk-in days to submit your completed paperwork approved and signed by Career Counselors. Otherwise, you may drop your paperwork at any time and pick it up on Friday of that week from 12 pm to 4 pm. All paperwork is available for download in the upper righthand corner of this page. Credit verification letters will be available for pick up on the following Friday.
Wednesday, May 1 – First day students may work at their internships if all paperwork has been approved.
Thursday, June 6 –Internship enrollment deadline. No exceptions can be made. All paperwork due to the Office of Career Development.
Monday, August 12 – End of Spring Internship for Credit, all coursework is due (discussion board posts, midterm and final evaluations, and attendance record).
Wednesday, August 21 – Last day students may work at their internship.
1. Determine whether you meet the criteria for internship for credit:
- Junior or Senior
- GPA 3.25 or higher
- Full-time status (min. of 12 credits excluding internship credits)
- Part-time seniors may be eligible under certain circumstances—see your career counselor
2. Complete the required internship forms available to download on the upper righthand corner of this page:
□ 2-page Internship for Credit Agreement Form (completed by you and your employer.)
□ Student Learning Contract
□ Student Tuition Waiver Form if needed (see criteria on the Form)
□ CPT Request Form (International Students ONLY)
□ Letter of Hire (International Students ONLY)
3. Submit all forms to the Office of Career Development BY JUNE 6! Stop by the Office of Career Development to meet with a career counselor who will sign the Agreement Form and approve the internship. The career counselor will review your tuition waiver eligibility and the internship for credit course requirements in your Learning Contract.
4. Register internship with ACADEMIC ADVISOR: After your career counselor has signed the 2-page Agreement Form, take it to your academic advisor for a signature and registration. All paperwork should be completed by the deadline.
International Students: Final Steps
5. Submit paperwork to International Student Office (ISO): After registering for your internship, deliver the signed Agreement Form, Curricular Practical Training(CPT) Letter of Hire, CPT Request Form and a copy of your updated class schedule to ISO.
6. Pick up your I-20 and CPT Authorization from ISO after 5 business days. **International students may only begin their internship after receiving the I-20 and CPT authorization.**
STUDENT RESPONSIBILITIES necessary to earn 3 studio elective credits:
• Complete all required paperwork (see checklist above). Credits are not awarded retroactively.
• Actively participate in the internship.
• Participate in the weekly online course.
• Keep track of your attendance in your Attendance Record—you must complete at least 150 hours in the semester.
• Thoroughly complete and submit all coursework on time—including weekly online coursework, evaluations, and attendance record. Internships are graded Pass/Fail. Failure to complete coursework will result in a grade F.
Application for Internship for Credit - Summer 2013
PDF [272.07 KB]
International Student Information and CPT Form for Internship for Credit - Summer 2013
PDF [214.51 KB]
Record of Attendance - Internship for Credit - Summer 2013
PDF [144.32 KB]
- Application for Internship for Credit - Summer 2013