Art for Kids (K–9)
Art Lessons for Kids at School of Visual Arts
- Foundations learning.
- Drawing and painting.
- Explore a wide variety of materials.
- For kids from Kindergarten through 9th grade.
Replenish Your Creativity and Balance Serious Work with Travel and Renewal
- Destinations: China, France, Italy, Puerto Rico, Spain, Turkey
- Areas of study: Architecture, Art History, Art Therapy, Design, Painting, Photography and more
- Two-, three- and four-week programs available
CDFNY Summer Program
Next summer's Culture, Graphic Design and Fine Arts in New York Summer Program will take place July 8-July 26, 2013.
- This three-week summer program offers international college (post-secondary school) students an opportunity to develop their creative abilities in various studio disciplines while experiencing American culture by living and studying in New York City.
- In addition, the program includes a range of organized activities available at no additional cost.
- Students may choose one course offered in this program, and will be awarded three studio credits for successful completion of the course.
Creative Educators Workshop
The Creative Educators Workshop will take place July 29 – August 8, 2013.
- This workshop will introduce international college and high school teachers to cutting edge art and design trends while pushing them to explore new ways of approaching visual communication.
- Application materials will be available shortly.
- Request information at email@example.com to learn more about this workshop.
The ESL/Studio Program is set up so you can continue your artistic development with studio courses while studying English.
- Majors in Advertising, Cartooning, Computer Art, Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Illustration, Interior Design & Photography
- Receive transferable credits for other educational institutions
- This program is open to U.S. citizens and permanent residents, as well as international students
The School of Visual Arts Presents Ralph Appelbaum's Filmmakers Dialogue
- Preview important new studio and independent releases and meet the films' actors, directors, writers and producers
- Participants have met and spoken with more than 800 movie greats
- Recent guests have included Susanne Bier (In A Better World), Neil Burger (Limitless) & Andrew Jerecki (All Good Things)
International Exchange Program
This intensive residency offers international participants the opportunity to study and work within the rich cultural environment of New York City.
- Full-time undergraduate SVA students may also participate in the International Exchange Program at institutions that have exchange agreements with SVA
- Technologically advanced facilities and art studios with renowned artists
- SVA has exchange agreements with a large variety of schools across the world
PhotoGlobal is a one year program for international photographers to share in the vast creative opportunities that the School of Visual Arts and New York City has to offer. The post-baccalaureate certificate program fosters work of the advanced photographer through critique, lectures, museum and gallery visits and a dialogue with faculty and other participants.
- Participate in an individual critique class and a contemporary photography seminar, along with three electives of your choice.
- Features a lecturing faculty that, individually, has shaped the discourse of contemporary American photography
- Multi-cultural and international learning experience that will enhance the knowledge and understanding of both the resident undergraduate students and those who will gather from various parts of the world
SVA's Pre-College Program is designed for high school students who want to enhance their creative skills, learn more about a particular field of art, develop a portfolio and/or experience the challenges and triumphs that exist at one of the most dynamic colleges.
- Receive up to three college credits
- Students will explore the fundamentals of art & design at a level not readily available in high school
- Classes such as Animation, Advertising, Cartooning, Painting, Photography & many more
Summer Residency Programs
SVA's Summer Residencies in New York City offer emerging and mid-career artists and designers time, space and a supportive community in which to develop ideas and focus on their artistic direction.
- A variety of professional immersion programs provide opportunities for artists to explore new areas of social and technological practice
- Residencies available in Fine Arts and Technology, Design Thinking, Illustration, Lens and Screen Arts and more
- Affordable housing is available, as well as opportunities to show work to the public