¿Hablas Diseño? offers an intensive summer program that addresses the growing needs of the Latino global market.
- Courses are available in advertising, design, copywriting, film and video, illustration and media studies.
- Our faculty encompasses some of New York City's best Latino talent.
- Affordable housing is available, as well as special panel events on related topics and opportunities to show work to the public.
Art for Kids (K–9)
Art Lessons for Kids at School of Visual Arts
- Foundations learning.
- Drawing and painting.
- Explore a wide variety of materials.
- For kids from Kindergarten through 9th grade.
When you invest in your talent you can reinvigorate your passion for making art.
- Destinations: Cuba, France, Italy, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Spain
- Replenish Your Creative Energy
- Balance Serious Work With Travel and Renewal
CDFNY Summer Program
Next summer's Culture, Design and Fine Arts in New York Summer Program will take place July 13-31, 2015.
- This three-week summer program offers international college (post-secondary school) students an opportunity to develop their creative abilities in various studio disciplines while experiencing American culture by living and studying in New York City.
- In addition, the program includes a range of organized activities available at no additional cost.
- Students may choose one course offered in this program, and will be awarded three studio credits and a certificate for successful completion of the course.
The ESL Studio Program allows artistic development through BFA studio courses while improving English language skills through ESL courses.
- Majors available for the ESL Studio Program: Advertising, Cartooning, Computer Art, Fine Arts, Design, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography
- Transfer students may qualify for upper level placement based on accredited studio courses from other institutions. Sophomore (2nd) year is the highest placement possible.
- This program is open to U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and international students
The School of Visual Arts Presents Ralph Appelbaum's Filmmakers Dialogue
- Preview important new studio and independent releases and meet the films' actors, directors, writers and producers
- Participants have met and spoken with more than 800 movie greats
- Recent guests have included Susanne Bier (In A Better World), Neil Burger (Limitless) & Andrew Jerecki (All Good Things)
SUMMER International Educators Workshop
The International Educators Workshop will take place the week of July 13-17, 2015.
- This summer workshop offers international art educators (high school and college) an opportunity to develop their creative abilities while experiencing American culture by living and studying in New York City.
- Participants will develop their creative skills during a 5-day brainstorming workshop taught by Richard Wilde. A certificate of completion will be awarded for this course.
- A variety of events and entertainment will be offered in during the program at no additional cost.
International Exchange Program
This intensive residency offers international participants the opportunity to study and work within the rich cultural environment of New York City.
- Full-time undergraduate SVA students may also participate in the International Exchange Program at institutions that have exchange agreements with SVA
- Technologically advanced facilities and art studios with renowned artists
- SVA has exchange agreements with a large variety of schools across the world
SVA's Pre-College Program is designed for high school students who want to enhance their creative skills, learn more about a particular field of art, develop a portfolio and/or experience the challenges and triumphs that exist at one of the most dynamic colleges.
- Receive up to three college credits
- Students will explore the fundamentals of art & design at a level not readily available in high school
- Classes such as Animation, Advertising, Cartooning, Painting, Photography & many more
Summer Residency Programs
SVA’s Summer Residencies in New York City offer artists, designers and creative thinkers time, space and a supportive community in which to develop ideas and focus on their artistic direction.
- A variety of professional immersion programs provide opportunities for artists to explore new areas of social and technological practice and engage critically within their field.
- Residencies available in Fine Arts and Technology, Design Thinking, Illustration, Lens and Screen Arts, Visual Literacy and more
- Affordable housing is available, as well as opportunities to show work to the public
Featured Events & Exhibitions
School of Visual Arts presents “Site Unseen,” an exhibition of work by students of the MAT Art...06/20/2015 - July 11The SVA Summer Residency Program presents an exhibition of work by program alumni that...07/01/2015 - July 27
Please tell us about your experience using this site