SVA’s Summer Residencies in New York City offer artists, designers and creative thinkers time, space and a supportive community in which to develop ideas and focus on their artistic direction.
- A variety of professional immersion programs provide opportunities for artists to explore new areas of social and technological practice and engage critically within their field.
- Residencies available in Fine Arts and Technology, Design Thinking, Illustration, Lens and Screen Arts and more
- Affordable housing is available, as well as opportunities to show work to the public
SVA's Summer Residencies in New York City offer emerging and mid-career artists and designers time, space and a supportive community in which to develop ideas and focus on their artistic direction.
In addition to our time-honored studio residencies, a variety of innovative professional immersion programs provide opportunities for artists to explore new areas of social and technological practice.
A unique combination of creative and professional resources provides a rich environment for growth and opportunity in the current vibrant art scene.
Affordable housing is available, as are opportunities to display work.
Applications and details about programs in the summer of 2014 will be available in January. The priority deadline for application is April 1, 2014. Early application is highly recommended.
For further information or questions regarding SVA's Summer Residencies contact:
Assistant Director, Special Programs
Division of Continuing Education
- The Top Ten Best Art Shows of 2013? http://t.co/5XIbDFnsU3
- RT @alexismadrigal: This 90-year-old Lithuanian filmmaker has the best website. It all starts with the bugle. http://t.co/ptGVZOmhXx
- More press for #SVA_Residencies alum Alice Quaresma Rodriguez, featured on RJTV: http://t.co/z2dOj3Sckx
Thursday, December 5, 2013
“All of us face days when it can seem like change is hard — days when our opposition and our own imperfections may tempt us to take an easier path that avoids our responsibilities to one...