Fall and spring semester classes are held on Saturdays in three-hour sessions over ten successive weeks.
The Fall 2013 program is scheduled to begin Saturday, September 28 and concludes on Saturday, December 7. Courses are not scheduled on November 30th due to the Thanks Giving Holiday. The Spring 2014 program is scheduled to begin Saturday, Januray 25 and concludes on Saturday, April 5. Courses are not scheduled on March 8th due to Spring Break.
- Course Offerings
Fall Course Offerings
ANP-0101 - Animation Register CFP-0101 - Introduction to Film Production Register CFP-0103 - Screenwriting Workshop Register CIP-0101 - Cartooning Register FDP-0501 - Figure Drawing Register FDP-0502 - Introduction to Oil Painting: 1pm-4pm (CANCELED) Register - Portfolio Workshop section-A Register FIP-0501 - Portfolio Workshop section-B: 1pm-4pm Register GDP-0101 - Graphic Design Register IDP-0101 - Interior Design (CANCELED) Register PHP-0101 - Black-and-White Photography Workshop: 1pm-4pm (CANCELED) Register PHP-0102 - Digital Photography Register PHP-0301- Photography: Stylized Workshop (CANCELED) Register SMP-0302 - Computer Art: Computer Animation with Maya Register VCP-0101 - Art-Making as a Visual and Critical Experience (CANCELED) Register
Please Note: All courses are held 10am-1pm unless noted above. Pre-College courses may include working from nude models.
- Online Registration Instructions
1. Please click on the Course Offerings dropdown menu.
2. Select a course by clicking on the individual course link.
3. View the course description and click on the Register tab.
4. You will be taken to WebAdvisor to complete the online registration.
5. Please be sure to provide accurate address and telephone information.
6. IMPORTANT: Please provide both parent and student emails.
7. $600 Tuition is required in order to complete the online registration.
8. Animation is the only course with a course fee ($60).
9. You will receive an automated email informing you that your registration is complete if the payment was processed correctly.
10. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or issues.
11. Course details and supply lists will be emailed in the first week of September.
- Refund Policy
Refund requests must be received in a written form via email (email@example.com). Please include the students full name, SVA ID in the request. Fall tuition refunds will be issued according to the following schedules:
- Before the first class session - 100% of tuition
- Before the second class session - 90% of tuition
- Before the third class session - 80% of tuition
- There will be no refunds for withdrawals after the third class session.
- Scholarship Information
A limited number of need/merit-based scholarships are available for the Fall and Spring Saturday programs. Students who apply for the scholarship are sent a notification letter approximately two weeks after the scholarship deadline. The scholarship award is a full-tuition reimbursement for recipients that successfully complete the class with a B grade or higher. The tuition award will be sent as a check in the student's name approximately one month after the course is completed. Only students that submit the scholarship requirements will be considered for scholarship. Students must submit the following items by the deadline date listed below:
- A brief written statement discussing your personal or professional goals and how pursuing study in art & design will help you to meet these goals.
- Six to ten images of recent artwork on a CD. Student's name and the word "Pre-College" need to be on the CD.
- Film students Option A: Please submit a DVD with a promotional reel or preview of you as a filmmaker. Promotional reel should be no more then 3 minutes in length. Edit your best scenes into a cohesive promotional reel of highlights, include music that suits your images and your personality as a filmmaker.
- Film students Option B: Please submit a short story (approximately 2 pages in length) that you would like to film during the high school program.
- Screenwriting students, please submit a short story (approximately 2 pages in length) that you would like to turn into a screenplay during the program.
All scholarship materials submitted become the property of SVA and may be used to educate future applicants on the type of work that is required for scholarship consideration. Please do not send the original version of your works.
Scholarship applications must be submitted to the Pre-College Program, Office of Admissions, 209 East 23 Street, New York, NY 10010 and postmarked Friday, September 6, 2013 for the fall 2013 program and by Friday, January 10, 2014 for the spring 2014 program. All students who apply will be sent a decision letter approximately two weeks after the deadline date for the fall and spring programs.
- Tuition and Fees
Tuition: $600 per course (Fall 2013 and Spring 2014)
Supplies: Range between $30 - $300, depending on course selection. Specific supply lists will be provided prior to the start of the class. The Animation course has an additional $60 course fee for use of equipment and supplies.
Students must use their printed course schedules from the Registrar or Office of Admissions for building access. Students do not receive a picture ID for the Fall and Spring programs. Please be sure to have a valid State ID or School ID ready to show security during the duration of the program.