2013 Application Information
Application forms can be found under 'DOWNLOADS' on the left side of this page. If possible, please scan and email application materials to email@example.com for review before sending them in the mail.
Students applying from overseas must submit all application materials by Friday, May 3, 2013. Students will be accepted based on the qualifications presented in their applications. Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis and accepted students will be registered in order of their acceptance. Space is limited to 14 in each course. Applicants already residing in the U.S. may apply after May 3, but are encouraged to apply as soon as possible in order to secure a space in the program. The Office of Programs for International Students will confirm acceptance and registration. All accepted students are required to obtain an F-1 student visa to enter the U.S. or transfer a valid I-20 from another institution to participate in the program.*
* This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.
2013 Application Requirements
- Application form.
- Declaration of Finances (DOF) form.
- Verification of Finances (VOF).*
- Payment Form. A $400 tuition deposit is required by May 3, 2013. Registered students must pay the balance (remainder of fees for tuition & fees for housing if desired) in full no later than June 7, 2013. Payment can be made by credit card, check (made payable to: School of Visual Arts), or by wire transfer.
- Undergraduate college (university) transcripts showing a minimum of one semester completed, or copy of current undergraduate course schedule if enrolled for less than two semesters.
- Demonstration of English proficiency.**
- For Studio with ESL: minimum score of 53 on the Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT) or 153 on the TOEFL CBT, minimum score of 5.0 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or equivalent. Students with no available test scores may submit a letter of recommendation from an English teacher or their school saying that their level of English is sufficient to participate in the course.
- For Studio Arts: minimum score of 65 on the Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT) or 183 on the TOEFL CBT, minimum score of 6.0 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or equivalent. Students with no available test scores may submit a letter of recommendation from an English teacher or their school saying that their level of English is sufficient to participate in the course.
*All funds declared on the DOF must be substantiated by a verification of finances (VOF) letter from an officer of the student's bank or sponsor's bank. Funds must bein a readily accessible form such as liquid assets. All documents must be in English and in U.S. dollars, or the current exchange rate must be supplied by the bank.
**Applicants who are native speakers or who have graduated from a school (secondary school level or higher) where the primary language of instruction is English are not required to submit English proficiency test scores.
International Student Profile