¿Hablas Diseño? offers an intensive summer program that addresses the growing needs of the Latino global market.
- Courses are available in advertising, design, copywriting, film and video, illustration and media studies.
- Our faculty encompasses some of New York City's best Latino talent.
- Affordable housing is available, as well as special panel events on related topics and opportunities to show work to the public.
Art for Kids (K–9)
Art Lessons for Kids at School of Visual Arts
- Foundations learning.
- Drawing and painting.
- Explore a wide variety of materials.
- For kids from Kindergarten through 9th grade.
CDFNY Summer Program
This summer's Culture, Design and Fine Arts in New York Summer Program will take place July 11, 2016 - July 29, 2016.
- This three-week summer program offers international college (post-secondary school) students an opportunity to develop their creative abilities in various studio disciplines while experiencing American culture by living and studying in New York City.
- In addition, the program includes a range of organized activities available at no additional cost.
- Students may choose one course offered in this program, and will be awarded three studio credits and a certificate for successful completion of the course.
The ESL Studio Program allows artistic development through BFA studio courses while improving English language skills through ESL courses.
- Majors available for the ESL Studio Program: Advertising, Cartooning, Computer Art, Fine Arts, Design, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography and Video
- Transfer students may qualify for upper level placement based on accredited studio courses from other institutions. Sophomore (2nd) year is the highest placement possible.
- This program is open to U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and international students
The School of Visual Arts Presents Ralph Appelbaum's Filmmakers Dialogue
- Preview important new studio and independent releases and meet the films' actors, directors, writers and producers
- Participants have met and spoken with more than 1000 movie greats
- Recent guests have included Susanne Bier (In A Better World), Neil Burger (Limitless) & Andrew Jerecki (All Good Things)
SUMMER International Educators Workshop
The International Educators Workshop will take place the week of July 13-17, 2015.
- This summer workshop offers international art educators (high school and college) an opportunity to develop their creative abilities while experiencing American culture by living and studying in New York City.
- Participants will develop their creative skills during a 5-day brainstorming workshop taught by Richard Wilde. A certificate of completion will be awarded for this course.
- A variety of events and entertainment will be offered in during the program at no additional cost.
ACADEMIC SCHOOL YEAR International Exchange Program
This intensive residency offers international participants the opportunity to study and work within the rich cultural environment of New York City.
- Full-time undergraduate SVA students may also participate in the International Exchange Program at institutions that have exchange agreements with SVA
- Technologically advanced facilities and art studios with renowned artists
- SVA has exchange agreements with a large variety of schools across the world
- Whether you’re interested in photography, painting, design, or any other form of art, the spring semester in Rome is a great opportunity to relive and research the experiences of countless artists and thinkers who, for centuries, made Rome the cultural ep
SVA's Pre-College Program is designed for high school students who want to enhance their creative skills, learn more about a particular field of art, develop a portfolio and/or experience the challenges and triumphs that exist at one of the most dynamic colleges.
- Receive up to three college credits
- Students will explore the fundamentals of art & design at a level not readily available in high school
- Classes such as Animation, Advertising, Cartooning, Painting, Photography & many more
SUMMER Summer Residency Programs
SVA’s Summer Residencies in New York City offer artists, designers and creative thinkers time, space and a supportive community in which to develop ideas and focus on their artistic direction.
- A variety of professional immersion programs provide opportunities for artists to explore new areas of social and technological practice and engage critically within their field.
- Residencies available in Fine Arts and Technology, Design Thinking, Illustration, Lens and Screen Arts, Visual Literacy and more
- Affordable housing is available, as well as opportunities to show work to the public
When you invest in your talent you can reinvigorate your passion for making art.
- Destinations: Alaska, Cuba, France, Italy, Los Angeles, Mexico, Miami, San Francisco, Spain
- Replenish Your Creative Energy
- Balance Serious Work With Travel and Renewal
ACADEMIC SCHOOL YEAR SVA in Rome
SVA in Rome is a unique semester-long study abroad program for qualified, degree-seeking SVA undergraduate students.
- Study and work in Rome “the Eternal City,” considered by many to be the most artistically rich city in the world, and without doubt the most important city in the history of the West.
- For the spring semester, a small group of students study and work with local artists and art historians, as well as a historian of ancient and medieval Rome.
- In addition to classroom and studio time, students will have access to the histories of Rome’s architecture, literature and art through field trips to monuments, ruins, churches, museums and galleries throughout Rome and its environs.
- Shared apartments furnished with kitchens are provided.
Featured Events & Exhibitions
School of Visual Arts presents “elmuseo@SVA,” an exhibition of work by Latino MFA Fine Arts...01/16/2016 - February 20Documentary and editorial photographer Brian Finke (BFA 1998 Photography) has received numerous...02/09/2016 - February 9
Please tell us about your experience using this site