- Foundations learning.
- Drawing and painting.
- Explore a wide variety of materials.
- For kids from Kindergarten through 9th grade.
- This 3-week summer program offers international college students an opportunity to develop their creative abilities in various studio disciplines while experiencing American culture by living and studying in New York City.
- The program includes a range of organized activities available at no additional cost.
- Students will be awarded 3 studio credits for successful completion of the program.
- Majors available for the English and Visual Arts Program: Advertising, Cartooning, Computer Art, Fine Arts, Design, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography and Video
- Transfer students may qualify for upper level placement based on accredited studio courses from other institutions. Sophomore (2nd) year is the highest placement possible.
- This program is open to U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and international students
- Preview important new studio and independent releases and meet the films' actors, directors, writers and producers
- Participants have met and spoken with more than 1000 movie greats
- Recent screenings have included FIRST MAN, COLETTE, LEAVE NO TRACE, PUZZLE, THE SEAGULL, LOVING, AMERICAN PASTORAL, SILENCE, BLEED FOR THIS, COLLATERAL BEAUTY, THE WALK, SPOTLIGHT, THE DANISH GIRL, THE MARTIAN, JOY, CONCUSSION, FREEHELD.
- This summer workshop offers international art educators (high school and college) an opportunity to develop their creative abilities while experiencing American culture by living and studying in New York City.
- Participants will develop their creative skills during a 5-day brainstorming workshop taught by Richard Wilde. A certificate of completion will be awarded for this course.
- A variety of events and entertainment will be offered in during the program at no additional cost.
- Students may apply to SVA as international exchange students only if they are enrolled at one of SVA's partner schools. Please click Application Information in the left hand menu to learn more.
- SVA undergraduate students may apply to study for one semester at a partner institution, depending on their major, academic standing and departmental approval.
- Separate from the international exchange program, SVA also offers the spring semester SVA in Rome program. Learn more at sva.edu/rome
- A variety of professional immersion programs provide opportunities for artists to explore new areas of social and technological practice and engage critically within their field.
- Residencies available in Art and Technology, Design Thinking, Illustration, Lens and Screen Arts, Virtual Reality and more
- Affordable housing is available, as well as opportunities to show work to the public
- Study and work in Rome “the Eternal City,” considered by many to be the most artistically rich city in the world, and without doubt the most important city in the history of the West.
- For the spring semester, a small group of students study and work with local artists and art historians, as well as a historian of ancient and medieval Rome.
- In addition to classroom and studio time, students will have access to the histories of Rome’s architecture, literature and art through field trips to monuments, ruins, churches, museums and galleries throughout Rome and its environs.
- Shared apartments furnished with kitchens are provided.
Featured Events & Exhibitions
MA Curatorial Practice presents "Most Suitable, Most Valuable," an exhibition curated by program...12/05/2018 - 12/18/2018MFA Photography, Video and Related Media presents the self-proclaimed "hardest working...01/22/2019 - 01/22/2019
Please tell us about your experience using this site