Study fashion photography in the fashion capital of New York City.
- One of the few graduate programs specifically devoted to fashion photography
- A program aimed at proficient photographers who want to develop their craft in this genre
- The program utilizes the resources of NYC as a world fashion and media capital
At the upper levels of photographic education, fashion photography is too often thought of as unworthy of serious consideration, superficial and corrupted by style and commerce, despite its imaginative narrative, cultural relevance, playful subversion and its profound influence on “fine art” photography of the past 30 years.
The MPS Fashion Photography program is a rigorous one-year intensive program for the technologically proficient photographer who wants to develop a more creative and original body of work through an immersion in the narrative, conceptual and cultural subtext of fashion photography, and with direct engagement with leading figures in fashion and fashion photography in New York City.
The faculty consists of some of the most influential and innovative professionals in fashion photography, publishing and photographic criticism. Additionally, an advisory board will help shape the evolution of the program.
The MPS Fashion Photography program is premised by the understanding that the genre is a cultural matrix and an engagement with high and low culture that will help to inspire, engage and cultivate original work. The ideal candidate for the program will be fully versed in the technical tools and apparatus of photography and possess professional experience in fashion photography, seeking an immersion in critical thinking, and radical invention in a relevant ideological framework.
The goal of the program is the cultivation of an individual sensibility, informed by history and shaped by cultural forces that will withstand the pressure for aesthetic and market compromise, and will profoundly influence and affect the future of the medium.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Faculty member, Carol Squiers, is quoted in W Magazine: His emphasis on character and setting is, in the opinion of ICP curator Carol Squiers, what separates him from his peers. “The model as...
Monday, May 6, 2013
Bonnie Turtur in Cosmo!
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Paul Jung on wmagazine.com!
- Faculty member, Carol Squiers, is quoted in W Magazine: His emphasis on character and setting is, in the opinion... http://t.co/xGiLXd6y8I
- Check out Saul Leiter in conversation with Vince Aletti, May 22nd 7PM at the SVA Theatre.... http://t.co/DtjuCKY4a8
- Check out recent graduate Paul Jung on http://t.co/Xpak921Fbb. http://t.co/tYbnezabjV