Admissions remain open for the fall 2014 Online/Summer Residency program - the intensive one-year or part-time two-year program with many of the same classes and faculty as the On-campus/Summer Residency program.
- Earn your graduate degree in digital photography with a one-year, full-time program or through our low-residency option.
- Master digital photography’s latest tools and techniques in this intensive one-year program
- Working professionals comprise the faculty—numerous guest lecturers enhance the technical and creative curriculum
- Available as an online/summer residency or on-campus/summer residency program for a cutting-edge education in current digital photographic practices and aesthetics
The Master of Professional Studies in Digital Photography is an intensive graduate degree program that addresses the technical and creative aspects of current digital image practices, which professional photographers and photo educators require to be at the vanguard of contemporary fine art, commercial, portrait, and fashion photography practices. Within the year, the diverse and talented students excel at producing technically outstanding and conceptually compelling images and multimedia projects, and are ideally positioned to pursue gallery representation, editorial or commercial work, as well as high-end digital retouching and consulting careers.
SVA offers two versions of the program; a full-time one-year On-campus/ Summer Residency program for students that prefer learning in a classroom environment and a part-time two-year Online/Summer Residency for those who would benefit from the convenience and flexibility of the virtual learning experience. Both programs culminate with a summer session and group exhibition in New York City.
Graduates of the MPS in Digital Photography program are working as commercial, editorial, fine art, and fashion photographers; conceptual illustrators; imaging software developers; photographic authors, editors and educators; image asset, color management, and digital printing consultants; and portrait, beauty, and product retouchers.
- @richardrenaldi lecture live at SVA and online via Livestreaming both at 7PM 136 W 21st room 418ƒ #TouchingStrangers https://t.co/DKq74yzaA2
- Thank you @featureshoot Honored @SVADigitalPhoto is listed. PLEASE follow me @KatrinEismann for more photo info tweets & info!
- Tonight at SVA: Artist talk with @Richardrenaldi on his exhibit & #photobook, #TouchingStrangers 7pm http://t.co/l6LKpScxkK RT @aperturefnd
- Honored to be in such great company! RT @Yumi_Goto: 101 #Photo Industry Professionals You Should Follow on Twitter http://t.co/vCGiiClKKK
- Photographer @Richardrenaldi at SVA Tuesday, April 22 7PM #TouchingStrangers @aperturefnd http://t.co/JS3Q9cjX6t http://t.co/CkpRnNCHsU
Friday, March 21, 2014
SVA’s online/summer residency MPS in Digital Photography was among the country’s first of its kind, so it’s no surprise the program also produces a popular series of photography lectures on
Monday, February 17, 2014
Friday, January 10, 2014