Earn your graduate degree in digital photography with a one-year, full-time program or through our low-residency option.
- Master digital photography’s latest tools and techniques in this intensive one-year program
- Working professionals comprise the faculty—numerous guest lecturers enhance the technical and creative curriculum
- Available as an online/summer residency or on-campus/summer residency program for a cutting-edge education in current digital photographic practices and aesthetics
The Master of Professional Studies in Digital Photography is an intensive graduate degree program that addresses the technical and creative aspects of current digital image practices, which professional photographers and photo educators require to be at the vanguard of contemporary fine art, commercial, portrait, and fashion photography practices. Within the year, the diverse and talented students excel at producing technically outstanding and conceptually compelling images and multimedia projects, and are ideally positioned to pursue gallery representation, editorial or commercial work, as well as high-end digital retouching and consulting careers.
SVA offers two versions of the program; a full-time one-year On-campus/ Summer Residency program for students that prefer learning in a classroom environment and a part-time two-year Online/Summer Residency for those who would benefit from the convenience and flexibility of the virtual learning experience. Both programs culminate with a summer session and group exhibition in New York City.
Graduates of the MPS in Digital Photography program are working as commercial, editorial, fine art, and fashion photographers; conceptual illustrators; imaging software developers; photographic authors, editors and educators; image asset, color management, and digital printing consultants; and portrait, beauty, and product retouchers.
- Tonight! #Photographer Stephen Wilkes @swilkesphoto #SVA 136 W 21. Free, limited seating! Come early starts at 7PM. http://t.co/nzKp28P6hy
- "Color Management and Output” by Associate Chair Tom P Ashe offer in Amazon! http://t.co/60fNHzVZMn http://t.co/bzlVnRLmAi
- Richard Renaldi #TouchingStrangers #LiveStream lecture April 22 7PM @richardrrenaldi Ask questions via chat! https://t.co/DKq74yzaA2
- Stephen Wilkes @SVADigitalPhoto April 17 7PM 136 W 21 418-f. Free & Open to Public. Come early it will be full! http://t.co/8cCzmhT8H0
- Congratulations Kristy May, class of 2008 for being in #PDN 2014 Top Knots! @SVAalumni http://t.co/uUU76fRqq1 http://t.co/1dFePtjqbv
Friday, March 21, 2014
SVA’s online/summer residency MPS in Digital Photography was among the country’s first of its kind, so it’s no surprise the program also produces a popular series of photography lectures on
Monday, February 17, 2014
Friday, January 10, 2014