The masters in branding offered by the School of Visual Arts is the first program of its kind in the United States.
- Create frameworks to guide brand, design and business development
- Critically evaluate brand, business, marketing and design strategies
- Master the intellectual link between leadership and creativity
The Master of Professional Studies in Branding is a one-year degree program that examines the relationship between design and strategy, and the power of design thinking as a way to combine creative skills with the problem-solving and decision-making processes of design and business. Students graduating from this program will be able to take advantage of new market opportunities, and to deliver innovative, successful and sustainable project outcomes in the worlds of design, advertising, marketing and business.
During the year, students develop an understanding of diverse branding strategies, brand valuation, and brand development life cycle. We’ll explore important themes in behavioral science and relevant cultural themes as they relate to branding. We’ll investigate marketing challenges involved in creating and sustaining brands and gain an understanding of and experience with senior corporate management discourse.
The thesis is a critical part of the MPS in Branding that is developed and completed in the summer semester. Students will develop their thesis, formulating and developing the central idea that will become their thesis, and will consider appropriate strategies for the research, form, presentation and distribution of their ideas. The thesis class will provide students the opportunity to meet as a group and with a faculty member to discuss issues related to the development of their theses, as well as review portions of each other’s work. Students should emerge from this process with a significant body of work.
- RT @mcsweeneys: Take Your “Good Wishes” to the Next Level... http://t.co/3XKjP2Uhjl http://t.co/APx1WsF9Qi
- RT @AppliedArts: Branding students at the @SVAMPSB had to repeat a creative act each day for 100 days. See some of their projects: http://t…
- RT @markdudlik: This list on @mcsweeneys by @gtlarson is brilliant — http://t.co/ZExqKweanb
- RT @maryvandewiel: Deep bow @sarahfudin :: a gr8 100 day vision/lineup of 100 minds on 'what's a brand?' @debbiemillman @SVAMPSB @Huffingto…
- RT @sarahfudin: The great @grahammcmullin's @SVAMPSB project featured on @FastCoDesign: http://t.co/U6zTgBBczi #radness #100happydays
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
On June 11, the New York chapter of AIGA, the professional association for design, hosted “My Dog and Pony: Fresh Blood,” its fifth annual showcase of notable thesis projects by graduates from top...
Monday, May 19, 2014
Some 3,500 creative professionals converged in Boston last week for inspiration, training and bonding with peers from across the country and around the world. Among the people charged with...
Thursday, May 8, 2014
HOW Design Live, the country’s largest gathering of creative professionals, opens in Boston on May 12, and SVA will be well represented both on stage and off. Several SVA faculty members will...