- The curriculum is made up of courses in aesthetics, political theory, social history, the history of art and social theory. Classes involve open discussions concerning the most important questions we have about art, politics, society and our lives.
- Focal points of the program are the Proseminars on the “The Situation of the Arts: The Level of the Problem” and the "Serious Times Lecture Series."
- A small group of students is selected annually by the Committee on Graduate Admissions. Philosophy, social history, and political science often engage the arts, and students in the program come from many disciplines, no less than from the art studio.
- Rigorous curatorial training in the heart of Manhattan with leading curators and experts from New York’s major arts institutions
- Historical and theoretical study of the expanded curatorial field
- International network of institutions and organizations for career development
- Prepare for careers in design research, publishing, curating, education, and management
- Contribute to the public discourse on design, architecture, and cities
- Enrich your multi-dimensional practice with research, writing and critical tools
- Learn how to create compelling narratives about images, objects and spaces
- Develop an educational philosophy while continuing to create personal artwork
- Gain specialized teaching experience through the School of Visual Arts’ innovative children’s program within the New York City community
- Start teaching next fall with our one-year intensive program, or attend part-time with our two-year program
- Interdisciplinary, research-based program that addresses the intellectual, aesthetic, technical and practical concerns of the artist
- Low-residency format combines three intensive summer residency periods with four semesters of rigorous online coursework, and the ongoing guidance of a mentor
- Students will engage with artists, thinkers, curators, critics and culture producers from around the world, participating in a global conversation about the arts
- For us, criticism is a way to ask bigger and better questions
- We want students with wide-ranging curiosity about contemporary culture
- Emphasis on the history and current transformations of the image
- The MFA Computer Art Department emphasizes creativity and a multidisciplinary approach to producing innovative animation, motion graphics and fine art within a state-of-the-art digital studio.
- Graduates of the program have been recognized with eight Student Academy Awards
- Internationally renowned artists, industry professionals, curators, critics and theorists—a who’s who of New York’s art world—comprise our faculty
- The most advanced digital studio in the SVA graduate school with 75 networked computers and specialized digital video, audio and fine art workstations
- We emphasize entrepreneurship as an alternative to conventional practice, and as a means to raise the level of design expertise and achievement.
- We teach a broad set of visual, verbal and textual approaches as foundation for design.
- We focus on creation to optimize the designer’s abilities to rise to the next professional level.
- We offer a uniquely holistic approach – at the intersection of design, social innovation and enterprise. We teach design as a tool for social and environmental impact, not an end in itself.
- The DSI curriculum encompasses a broad range of issues including conservation, health, food and agriculture, poverty, women’s rights, social justice, fair trade, education and community revitalization.
- DSI students work with real clients throughout the program, gaining hands-on experience with multinational corporations, non-profits and social entrepreneurs around the globe.
- Interdisciplinary studio program emphasizes exploration and experimentation
- Faculty comprised of internationally renowned artists
- Visiting artists, curators, and critics give lectures and visit students’ studios
- Develop your personal vision in our highly selective program
- Classroom-based curriculum, where close interaction between faculty and other classmates is an essential part of the creative process of the program
- New York City’s diverse and celebrated professional world provides mentors, guest lecturers, advisors and faculty
- Create innovative approaches to human problems
- Develop fluency in prototyping and the practical application of visionary ideas
- Transform entrepreneurial concepts into new products and services
- Extensive and innovative courses in all aspects of the trans-media engaged by still and moving imagery
- Creating and understanding new technologies, criticism, and professional practices for success in a world driven by social media
- We draw faculty, lecturers, mentors, and advisors from a worldwide creative network
- Merit-based scholarships available
- An optimistic re-imagining of the artifacts of design, reconciling the challenges of production and consumption, systems and consequence
- Students use a hands-on, making-driven approach to master strategic, technical and narrative skills
- Industry leaders, interdisciplinary practitioners, passionate iconoclasts and savvy entrepreneurs comprise the faculty
- Trains students to find innovative ways to examine and communicate the core experiences and events that define us
- Open to qualified students at any level—no filmmaking background required
- A tailored curriculum designed for students to attain artistic and technical fluency in documentary filmmaking
- Offers a distinctive and evolutionary approach to storytelling on a graduate level by placing equal emphasis on both creative writing and visual expression across all mediums
- Focuses on the growing need for original content creators in advertising, video games, picture books, graphic novels, film, photography, sequential arts, illustration and animation to name a few
- Prepares artists and authors to become innovators in the ever-evolving art of visual storytelling
- MPS Art Therapy is interdisciplinary in approach, integrating the experiential components of art therapy within a comprehensive framework of academic theory, clinical application via an internship program and art practice.
- In addition to the coursework and internship components, we offer a robust program of lectures, conferences, workshops, exhibitions, and special projects, as well as opportunities for international study and studio time.
- We seek out a diverse group of students as far as age, cultural background, and work experience, offering scholarships, part-time options and a flexible approach to make the program a possibility for students in a variety of circumstances.
- Create frameworks to guide brand, design and business development
- Critically evaluate brand, business, marketing and design strategies
- Master the intellectual link between leadership and creativity
- Master photography’s latest tools and techniques in this intensive one-year program
- Cutting-edge education in current digital photographic practices and aesthetics
- Working professionals comprise the faculty and numerous guest lecturers enhance the technical and creative curriculum
- Benefit from and be inspired by New York City and the professional networking and collaboration opportunities
- We focus on the craft of directing and the art of visual storytelling.
- Connect with industry professionals: working directors, screenwriters, editors and producers
- A practical, hands-on curriculum where students gain experience in every aspect of directing film.
- One of the few graduate programs specifically devoted to fashion photography
- A program aimed at proficient photographers who want to develop their craft in this genre
- The program utilizes the resources of NYC as a world fashion and media capital
- Merit based scholarships available
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Tuesday, May 23, 2017