This is a preview. Please close this window when you are done.

UndergraduateGraduateContinuing EducationSpecial ProgramsAboutAdmissionsAlumniStudents

Show Course Finder

Got questions or ready to register?  
Call 212.592.2057 English) or 212.592.2998 (Español).

View courses
Are the ¿Hablas Diseño? summer courses taught in English?

Yes. With the exception of a few courses that require students to be bilingual (in English and Spanish), the ¿Hablas Diseño? summer courses are taught in English. Applicants are expected to have sufficient fluency in English to engage in meaningful dialogue with other participants.

I am an international student. If I register for an ¿Hablas Diseño? course, will I be issued an I-20 visa?

International students can take a vocational or recreational course as long as it is incidental to their main purpose of visiting the U.S. Please note that SVA is not authorized to issue the Form I-20, Certificate of Eligibility for the F-1 student visa for the Division of Continuing Education. Non-matriculated students are not eligible to apply for the F-1 student visa.

Is there on-campus housing available if I register for a course?

Yes.  For more information on summer housing, please click here or visit our Application information page.

Why do some ¿Hablas Diseño? summer courses require students to be bilingual?

Some of the courses offered in the ¿Hablas Diseño? summer program require fluency in the Spanish language in order to complete assignments.  For example, in advertising, copywriting, branding, or cartooning courses you may be asked to work with, or create, text in Spanish. An understanding of the language - and its nuances - is necessary in order to complete work that successfully communicates with its intended audience.

Will I receive a certificate of completion at the end of an ¿Hablas Diseño? course?

Yes.  You can request both a Certificate of Completion and an official Transcript from the Registrar's Office.  Requests must be done in writing either in person at 205 East 23rd Street or via fax at 212.592.2069.  Please make sure to include the following details in your request: name, student ID number, semester in which course(s) was taken, current mailing address, and signature.

Will I receive a school ID if I register for an ¿Hablas Diseño? course?

The Registrar's Office issues to ¿Hablas Diseño? students a paper ID card, which affords the student access to certain campus resources.

I still have more questions. Where can I go to have them answered?

If your question was not answered above, please visit our full FAQ page.

You can also obtain more details on the ¿Hablas Diseño? courses by contacting:

Division of Continuing Education
English: 212.592.2057/Spanish: 212.592.2998

School of Visual Arts | 209 East 23 Street, NY, NY 10010-3994 | Tel: 212.592.2000 | Fax: 212.725.3587