The Division of Continuing Education at the School of VISUAL ARTS is now accepting submissions for APOCALYPTICAL, a curated exhibition in conjunction with RADIOLAB, on tour in New York City, October 24, 2013 at the Beacon Theater.
RADIOLAB’s APOCALYPTICAL will combine inventive storytelling, riveting science, and live music to explore the topic of endings, both blazingly fast and agonizingly slow. The show’s hosts, Robert Krulwich and Jad Abumrad, will romp through hundreds of millions of years of history to arrive at “The End,” again and again, to find how new life and fresh possibilities emerge every time.
From the destruction of the dinosaurs, to the rising ashes of the Phoenix or the Zombie Apocalypse, we are looking for your interpretations of APOCALYPTICAL. Work of all media will be accepted (video, 2D and 3D), for inclusion in an online gallery to be featured on RADIOLAB’s website in October 2013 and on CE’s social media platforms.
A jury from the SVA professional community will select work for exhibition at the APOCALYPTICAL event on October 24, 2013 at the Beacon Theater.
For more information on RADIOLAB’s tour, visit: www.radiolab.org/live
- All work must be submitted to [email protected] by DATE.
- 2 dimensional and 3 dimensional work must be submitted in jpeg format, each file measuring 1500 pixels (longest side). File should be labeled LastName_FirstName_Title.jpg. Work dimensions must not exceed: ####. File size must not exceed: ####.
- Video files must be submitted as links (Vimeo or YouTube). In the email please include: first and last name, date, title and a brief description. Video length should not exceed:
- All work must be submitted to [email protected] by DATE
- Submitted artwork will be available to view on SITE and SITE starting on DATE
- Selected work for the Beacon Theater exhibition will be notified by DATE
- Artwork selected for exhibition at Beacon Theater must be dropped off at LOCATION on DATE at TIME
Artwork selected for exhibition at Beacon Theater must be picked up at the LOCATION on DATE at TIME