Important Admissions Deadlines
- Entry to the graduate programs takes place in the fall semester only (summer only for MFA Art Practice & MFA Visual Narrative).
- The online application is available here.
Tuesday, December 1, 2015
- Early Decision Deadline for application and supporting materials for the MFA Art Practice department.
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
- MAT Art Education
- MFA Art Practice
- MPS Art Therapy
- MPS Branding
- MFA Computer Art
- MFA Design
- MA Design Research, Writing and Criticism
- MFA Design for Social Innovation
- MPS Digital Photography
- MPS Digital Photography Online/Summer Residency
- MFA Fine Arts
- MFA Illustration as Visual Essay
- MFA Interaction Design
- MFA Photography, Video and Related Media
- MFA Social Documentary Film
- MFA Art Writing
- MA Critical Theory and the Arts
- MA Curatorial Practice
- MPS Directing
- MPS Fashion Photography
- MFA Products of Design
* Please note: After the deadlines have passed, applications for these programs will be accepted and processed on a first-come, first-served basis, as space remains available.
Applications are always reviewed on a rolling admissions basis for the MFA Visual Narrative department.
2014-2015 Graduate Catalog
PDF [8.50 MB]
Fall 2015-Spring 2016 Undergraduate Application
PDF [257.45 KB]
2015-16 Undergraduate and Graduate Registration Book
PDF [7.38 MB]
Graduate Application Materials Cover Sheet (2015)
PDF [505.86 KB]
Graduate Declaration of Finance Form (2015-2016)
PDF [64.59 KB]
- 2014-2015 Graduate Catalog
Monday, October 5, 2015
The fall exhibition season in New York hits full stride with three must-see solo shows by SVA alumni that explore everything from migration and sense of place, to architectural decay and domestic...
Friday, October 2, 2015
Three SVA alumni recently received 2015 ADC (Art Directors Club) Young Guns Awards, which honor outstanding advertising and graphic design work by creative professionals under the age of 30.
Wednesday, September 30, 2015