The Alumni Society of School of Visual Arts, Inc. is an independent non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, which exists to service the needs of SVA students and alumni. The Alumni Society hosts programs and events, which connect SVA's over 30,000 alumni with one another and the College.
Due to support from the School of Visual Arts, 100% of all donations to The Alumni Society go directly to the education and financial needs of current SVA students.
Since 2001, the Alumni Scholarship Fund has served as the primary fundraising vehicle for scholarships and awards. The Alumni Scholarship Fund is a restricted fund that provides various scholarships and awards to students from all majors, at both the undergraduate and graduate level. The Fund comprises contributions from SVA alumni, parents of current and past students, faculty, staff and friends of the College. Current programs funded by the Alumni Scholarship Fund include the Alumni Scholarship Awards, The Housing Scholarship Award and the Merit Award. Read about our awards here. Also, read award recipient stories here.
The Alumni Society also administers several named funds established by alumni and friends of the Society. Each fund has its own restrictions based upon the intent of the donor who established the fund. Many of these funds provide scholarship support for students in a specific SVA department or program. Please see the detailed descriptions of these Named Scholarship Funds to determine if you would like to make a contribution to enhance the goals of a particular fund.
- .@NEAarts Grant Spotlight: An interview with @SVADSI faculty member @aburak http://t.co/vX3AAhrWGg cc: @Half @G4C @cherylheller
- Q&A and animal illustrations by SVA alumnus Sara Čavić featured @DahliaFashion http://t.co/ZMgHfSDcmW cc: @WillDraw4Beer @SVAalumni
- Spotlight on SVA alumnus Mark Kendall's debut feature film 'La Camioneta' @IDANews http://t.co/TQJm6ZWCR3 cc: @LACAMIONETA @SVAalumni
- Milton Glaser and MFA Products of Design students featured @nytimes http://t.co/twNGFelLbt cc: @svaPoD @GlaserArchives @chochinov
- MPS Live Action Short Film Thesis Film Festival tonight at the DGA Theater http://t.co/zTFVuHsRH6 cc: @FutureIsShort
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Finding an ambitious and supportive creative community can be a daunting task for students making the transition from art school life to that of working artist. But for one group of alumni from...
Wednesday, May 8, 2013