The Alumni Society of School of Visual Arts, Inc. is an independent non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, which exists to service the needs of SVA students and alumni. The Alumni Society hosts programs and events, which connect SVA's over 30,000 alumni with one another and the College.
Due to support from the School of Visual Arts, 100% of all donations to The Alumni Society go directly to the education and financial needs of current SVA students.
Since 2001, the Alumni Scholarship Fund has served as the primary fundraising vehicle for scholarships and awards. The Alumni Scholarship Fund is a restricted fund that provides various scholarships and awards to students from all majors, at both the undergraduate and graduate level. The Fund comprises contributions from SVA alumni, parents of current and past students, faculty, staff and friends of the College. Current programs funded by the Alumni Scholarship Fund include the Alumni Scholarship Awards, The Housing Scholarship Award and the Merit Award. Read about our awards here. Also, read award recipient stories here.
The Alumni Society also administers several named funds established by alumni and friends of the Society. Each fund has its own restrictions based upon the intent of the donor who established the fund. Many of these funds provide scholarship support for students in a specific SVA department or program. Please see the detailed descriptions of these Named Scholarship Funds to determine if you would like to make a contribution to enhance the goals of a particular fund.
- Check out SVA alumnus @dustingrella's 'Ode to Bike Sharing' animation @nytimes http://t.co/Wsb3PbeWx0 cc: @SVA_MFACA @SVAalumni
- SVA's Thomas Woodruff mentioned in 'Chasing Unicorns in Art Across the Ages' article @ARTnewsmag http://t.co/IBZqju3XPi cc: @PPOWGallery
- SVA’s @Jake_Barton and Paula Scher win National Design Awards http://t.co/Bgfcq60Meg cc: @svaixd @SVA_AdvDesign @cooperhewitt
- Reception for 'Crossing Platforms' tonight @SVAgalleries http://t.co/yB9CF7VdBM cc: @SVA_MFACA
- SVA's Milton Glaser voted #1 on 'Top 10 Poster Designs of the Past 50 Years' list @GDUSAmagazine http://t.co/E21K2sYT22 cc: @SVAMFADesign
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Finding an ambitious and supportive creative community can be a daunting task for students making the transition from art school life to that of working artist. But for one group of alumni from...
Wednesday, May 8, 2013