The Office of Institutional Research is a unit within the Office of Academic Affairs and reports to the Provost. We are located in suite 503-C, 133/141 West 21st Street, New York, NY 10011.
Mission of the Office
The central mission of the Office of Institutional Research (OIR) is the collection, organization, and analysis of institutional and other data to support institutional management, operations, decision-making, and planning functions. Included in this central mission is systematic information processing of College-wide data leading to broadly based institutional perspectives and understanding. Also included are studies related to projected needs, program objectives, as well as efficiency and effectiveness in the use of institutional resources.
What We Do
- Coordinate the dissemination of institutional data.
- Create, analyze and interpret management information from survey data.
- Collect data about The College’s performance.
- Provide data and information to authorities such as federal and state governmental agencies and accrediting bodies.
- Improve teaching and learning by assisting departments with program reviews and other assessment efforts.