- Title Admissions Counselor
- Department Admissions
- Job Type Full Time
- Available From May 15, 2013
DATE AVAILABLE: May 2013
JOB TITLE: Admissions Counselor
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Admissions
POSITION OVERVIEW: Work independently and as a member of a team to identify, counsel and enroll prospective students who will benefit from matriculation in the degree programs of the College. Represent the College at recruitment activities and events throughout the country and assist with the processing of inquiries and applications.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as primary contact for prospective students and applicants. Provide portfolio reviews, interviews, and outreach to assigned pools. Document contacts on daily basis and provide follow-up as needed.
- Schedule and conduct classroom presentations at high schools and two-year colleges throughout the country. Attend college fairs, portfolio days and recruitment events as directed. (Recruitment activities take place within an intensive 10-week period. Weekend work required throughout fall.)
- Work to track and complete applications for designated segment of applicant pool. Includes assisting with the processing of applicant mail, filing, data entry and outreach.
- Review completed applications for admission and scholarship recommendations.
- Determine transfer credit awards.
- Input and track prospect and applicant information and catalog requests in computer information system. Complete analysis and tracking reports as directed.
- Maintain comprehensive databases for prospective students, high schools and teachers.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with art educators and professionals.
- Actively participate in staff meetings, training programs and open house programs.
- Assist with the design and preparation of recruitment materials and slide shows.
- Assist with the day-to-day needs of the office by entering and updating applicant data, filing, receiving phone calls, assisting with mail campaigns, and providing campus tours.
- Maintain daily communication with the office during all recruitment trips.
- Provide comprehensive schedule of recruitment activities and events including detailed travel itinerary and budget information. Provide updates and revisions as needed. Submit weekly travel & expense reports.
- Provide list of supplies and recruitment materials needed for activities and events, including shipping and delivery schedule.
- Maintain positive working relations with Offices of Financial Aid, Campus Life, Residence Life, Academic Advisement, the Registrar and Student Accounts. Maintain good working knowledge of student policies and procedures within each of these departments.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in studio art or related field required; BFA preferred.
- Two-to-three years related work experience.
- Interest and commitment to the goals of higher education.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Adaptable to change and ability to respond well to pressure.
- Good presentation skills and comfort with public speaking.
- Ability to work well with diverse constituencies.
- Ability to work independently and as member of team.
- Computer literacy; familiarity with PC platforms and knowledge of MS Word, Excel, FileMaker Pro helpful.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Flexibility and willingness to work evening and weekend hours.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
All cover letters and resumes should be sent to email@example.com.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer