The Office of Learning Technologies built its mission and driving goals from the results of a robust needs assessment. Careful consideration was paid to feedback from faculty and incoming students — through surveys and interviews. Additionally, the OLT team researched corresponding offices at other leading institutions, conducted extensive research on current learning technologies, and remained grounded in the most recent (2012) SVA Strategic Plan.
From this beginning, the OLT team will conduct continued research, assessment and vetting — and share the information we gather through transparent communications with SVA faculty and staff. Some of the ways in which we will continue to strengthen our foundation of knowledge about learning technologies and best practices in the classroom are:
- Faculty and student surveys
- Pilot various new tools and systems with faculty
- Develop a dialogue with faculty — to hear their needs, suggestions, etc.
- Review new learning tools and research on best use practices
- Liaise between chairs, faculty, system administrators, directors of operation, Visual Arts Library, IT, Institutional Research, external vendors…
Thursday, May 23, 2013
The following report from iTunesU reflects which SVA educational videos drew the greatest number of views, downloads and new subscribers for the weeks 5/5/13 through 5/22/13. Also, the pie chart...
Monday, May 6, 2013
The following report from iTunesU reflects which SVA educational videos drew the greatest number of views, downloads and new subscribers for the weeks 4/21/13 through 5/5/13. Also, the pie chart...
Monday, April 22, 2013